Welcome to Savannah!

Posted by Les On 10:19 PM
October 23, 2009

I'm writing from my riverfront room at the River Street Inn in historic downtown Savannah.  The drive over was pretty uneventful, except we did learn that driving a convertible with a recumbent on a bike rack isn't the best combination.  The bike was so elevated that once we lowered the top, the bike was severely bouncing around.  So we pulled over at a used-to-be rest area and sadly put the top back up.

Here's a picture of Mr. Drive-and-Dump prior to that event:



Our hotel is lovely, with a five-story atrium.




Not a great picture but it was the best I could do after a glass of La Crema pinot noir and grouper florentine from Savannah River House Seafood restaurant which is right on...you guessed it...the Savannah River.  We've been there twice now and it was delicious both times.  The last time we were there was for my birthday in 1999.

After dinner we strolled (that's as fast as I could muster) back to the hotel.  FYI, my bike has its own room!  The hotel staff graciously offered to store it for me.  I just assumed that it would go to some outdoor or underground storage facility.  But no!  It got a room on the third floor!  Of course it is a city view room and not river view, but I didn't hear any complaints.

Okay.  I'm exhausted and going to turn in.  Goodnight y'all.

1 Response to 'Welcome to Savannah!'

  1. Julie Said,
    http://theroadlespedaled.blogspot.com/2009/10/welcome-to-savannah.html?showComment=1256423224456#c5842306714529230695'> October 24, 2009 at 6:27 PM

    Wow! The Red Ranger got it's own room!

     

Post a Comment