Am I insane????

Posted by Les On 7:23 AM
October 22, 2009

As this approaches I feel SO not ready!  Have I considered everything?  Do I have everything?  What haven't I thought of?  What am I forgetting?  I have about ten lists of crap I need to bring!  I just keep thinking, man, I'm just going for an extra long bike ride...why all the fuss??  Like every ten minutes I think of something else and my brain goes into a tailspin. 

Yesterday I printed out all my cue sheets, along with the elevation charts, and all I could think of was, man, I should have done more hill training!

Last night I finally picked up my panniers from Mark at Power On Cycling and he installed my mid rack.  Have I mentioned he's my hero???  My main concern is a mechanical problem that I just won't be able to figure out.  Mark gave me his cell AND home phone numbers and said to call him...he can talk me through anything.  What a sigh of relief!  It really does elevate my confidence level just knowing (if I have cell reception) that help really is just a phone call away.  The main thought that keeps circling in my head relating to some sort of mechanical failure is: Does AAA provide road service to cyclists?

With all of my around-town scramble, I haven't been able to organize anything yet.  I have pretty much everything I need (I think), but it's all in random spots all over the house or in the garage.  Tonight is my get-it-together night.  Somehow it'll all get done.  It has to 'cause I'm...uh...leaving for Savannah TOMORROW!

1 Response to 'Am I insane????'

  1. Julie Said,
    http://theroadlespedaled.blogspot.com/2009/10/am-i-insane.html?showComment=1256423338941#c4429340543140987275'> October 24, 2009 at 6:28 PM

    I can't wait to read your updates from the road. Good Luck!!!

     

Post a Comment