Rails to Trails

Posted by Les On 11:12 AM
October 8, 2009

This past Sunday my friend Martha and I went on a glorious bike ride on the Withlacoochee State Trail starting in Inverness, Florida.  It's the first time I've ridden the trail, with the exception of test-riding some recumbents at Hampton's Edge.  It was a beautiful morning.



It was the first time I've ever ridden and my bike was in the majority!  There were so many recumbents, both two wheels and three, on the trail and I was able to talk to quite a few bent riders.  It would have been a great day to take my trike out...if only I had it!  Can't wait until Saturday to finally pick it up.


After driving over an hour and a half to get to Inverness, Martha and I completed an easy 50-mile ride.  Here we are at one of the SAG stops.  She received quite a few comments on her Biker Chick jersey!




The SAG stops were manned by the friendliest people, all just trying to raise money to keep their trail well maintained.  It was great to see a lot of familiar faces. I'll definitely plan on doing this ride again next year.  There's also a recumbent rally on the same trail in November...the Withlacoochee Invasion.  If I thought there were a ton of bents this past weekend, I can't even imagine November!



1 Response to 'Rails to Trails'

  1. Shayna Said,
    http://theroadlespedaled.blogspot.com/2009/10/rails-to-trails.html?showComment=1256132928841#c4218628086912658765'> October 21, 2009 at 9:48 AM

    I bet that November ride will be fun!

     

Post a Comment